Wednesday, June 23, 2010

LAB2 - The Virtual Femtosecond Laboratory

LAB2 is a (for free) modular programming tool written in Labview which enables one to simulate basic experiments and devices daily used in femtosecond experiments.


As examples they mention:
  • propagation through a linear medium
  • prism compressor
  • second harmonic generation with depleted fundamental wave
  • crystal wizard - how to find the phase matching angle
But to my knowledge there are more functions in the package.

LabII was developed in 1998 at the Institute for Optics and Quantum Electronics (IOQ) in Jena. Since Fall 2004 it is at the Institute of Applied Physics in Bern with Prof. Thomas Feurer. The download is free but you have to register. What I like is the detailed manual which will help you to use efficiently LAB2. Basics and concepts are introduced too and always worth to read it. If you have used LAB2 already, please write a comment about your experience with it.

2 comments:

  1. Saludos:

    Muy bien por hacer un blog de óptica. También es mi tema favorito en mi blog

    Seguro que haré enlaces a sus entradas.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi!

    sorry for my late reply. My spanish is not that good but I think I have understand it more or less ;). Thanks a lot :).
    I had a look on your blog, it is really a nice one :)

    ReplyDelete